"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18.2







Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Smile Because You Are My Sister...

In a continuation of yesterday's post of my friendship canvases, today I'm sharing the ones I did about sisters.


As before, the square ones are 6x6 and the rectangles are 6x8. Lots of glueing, painting, stamping and stencilling in the background.  

Real pressed flowers and leaves, old buttons, bits-n-bobs from the stash, and of course, vintage images on top! But no foam tape - what was I thinking?!?


Ignore that man behind the curtain... uh, no, that's not right...
Oh, yeah, ignore the date stamp on the photos! My camera has issues.

The sentiment on this next one makes it my absolute favorite! I had orders for lots of these. I customized them to the number of sisters (and some brothers too) that the client wanted.

I also had orders for similar canvases to commemorate loved ones that had passed on. The clients supplied me with photos and a list of any specific elements they wanted, such as a favorite Bible verse, favorite hymn, hobby, etc. It was quite fortunate that I had a stash of old hymnals that a church was giving away a few years back!

Making those was very special, but I also felt such a deep responsibility to deliver something that would touch their hearts.Unfortunately I have no photos of those. Big sigh...

Again, thank you so much for visiting and taking a look.
I appreciate your comments so much -
and you know I'll be doing the happy dance if you become a follower!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR CANVASES. I HAVE FIVE SISTERS WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME IN SO MANY WAYS AND THESE ARE SO LOVELY AND INSPIRING THANK YOU FOR POSTING THEM
    SUSANDE

    ReplyDelete