"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18.2







Monday, May 2, 2011

The Queen of ProcrastiNation

Wow! When I finished with my last student of the day and closed the door to the outside world, for the first time in a couple of weeks I could let out a huge sigh of satisfaction and relax! I love to sign up for art swaps and challenges on several different online sites - and then before I realize it, the end of the month has arrived and all those pieces of art are due!

Admittedly, I AM the Queen of ProcrastiNation and have many, many loyal subjects. So I have no one to blame but my own "I'll do it later" self. Whatever! Everything is done and either posted or mailed. Now on to the challenges and swaps I signed up for in May. Let the procrastinating begin!

Finally I have time to post some of my creations to share with you.

First is a 4x4 I made for a swap at Outlaw Women's Scrapbook Emporium (OWSE) Yahoo group.


The theme was "Dance". As long as it pertained to dance, no further restrictions applied. I have always loved this quote by Faith Whittlesey: "Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels." Once I decided I wanted to use that, the rest came together easily.

I found the images online, except for the yellow circle with flowers; that came from an insert in a Somerset Studios magazine who knows how long ago; it was actually a perfume label, but it fit the style I was after, so I used it to frame Fred and Ginger.

And I like to dress up the back of the work too, so I used a photo of the famous couple dancing.


BTW, the illegible scrawl at the bottom is my signature. And no, I'm not a doctor.

Hope you like these. Thanks for visiting, and I love it when you leave comments!

1 comment: