"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18.2







Friday, May 6, 2011

Be YOU-nique!

Well, chickadees, are you ready for some more canvases? I hope so because I got more comin' at ya!


In my teen years, my Aunt Frances was very special to me. Her husband was in Viet Nam and she was here  with three young sons, two of whom are now deceased.

One summer when I was staying with my grandmother in Williamsburg, Aunt Frances lived two blocks over. She loved for me to come hang out, and I loved being there with her. She loaned me her copy of Valley of the Dolls, which was scandalous in those days! And when I had one of those nasty summer colds, she fed me orange juice and soup to help me get better.

Aunt Frances has passed on now, and I cherish my memories of her.


I don't remember where I found this quote, but I loved it, especially since most people I know would say I'm unique, which is much nicer than weird!


These canvases are 6x6, lots of layering in the backgrounds,
with pressed flowers and ferns. old buttons, vintage images and other bits-n-bobs on top.

I hope you enjoyed these canvases and would appreciate your comments.
And go ahead and click on that "follow" button while you're here! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

In my next post, I will share the last of my canvases -
all about Mothers! I'll try to get that up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment