"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18.2







Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fairies Are Everywhere!

And I'm not talking about the ones I've dated! Sad, but true.

I've seen fairies mentioned on so many sites in the last few weeks: fairy tags, fairy ATCs, fairies everywhere! Over at Alpha Stamps there was a Fairy Garden Book page swap that I signed up for. The samples made by their Design Team were amazing!

We used a chipboard binder shaped like a garden gate for our books, and decorated 4 of the 8 inside pages for the swap. I'm finally finding time to post mine!

And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing.

Being the hunter-gatherer (translation: hoarder) that I am, I had some large-scale floral scrapbook papers from who-knows-when in my stash; they were perfect for these pieces. And we established in a previous post that I am a lover of the foam mounting tape! One of those papers provided the background, and I cut the daisies from the same paper and mounted them on two different thicknesses of foam tape to create lots of dimension.

The fairy riding on the butterfly is from the Vintage Postcard Fairies collage sheet at Alpha Stamps. The frame said "Merry Christmas" - definitely the wrong season - so I cut a frame from another scrapbook paper in my stash and added it with foam tape - of course. There's also a skeleton leaf, some green pearl stick-ons, and some other bits from ancient scrapbook papers.

Did you ever find a fairy near some budding little thickets...

This one also uses images from Vintage Postcard Fairies. The floral paper for the background was rather bold, so I sponged it with a little off-white paint, but cut a few blossoms from the same paper to use "full strength" with the fairies. Lots of fussy-cutting, lots more foam tape, a little bling - and voila!

There are faeries everywhere, under bushes, in the air.

This one was really challenging, but probably my favorite of the group. Again, I sponged the tulip background paper to tone it down a bit, but fussy-cut some of the tulips to use with the fairies.

The fairies on the tulips are also from the Vintage Postcard Fairies, and the framed fairy is from the Green Fairies collage sheet, also from Alpha Stamps.

Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly.
(No explanation for why this scan is wonky - didn't notice until now.)

Vivid purple and yellow crocuses on the background paper, also sponged. Used a couple of the blossoms to frame the scene. All fairy images are from the Vintage Postcard Fairies collage sheet. I used some white Dresden trim for the frame and some lavender pearl stick-ons at the corners.

Now I just have to stalk the mailman until my return pages arrive!

I hope you enjoyed these and would appreciate your comments.
And I would be thrilled for you to become a follower!
Thanks so much for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely, I especially like the first one, as I remember that paper and loved it then and I still love it! I made lots of great items out of it!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work !
    Cheers
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely marvelous...true art. I am so impressed. WOW is what comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a totally awesome job. Great color and design.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fairy pages and hope I get one in the Alpha Stamps swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful!!! You have the eye of a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so magical, very one. Cant pick a fav. You cracked me up with yr opening statement too! I become a follower today. Hurrah...take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am loving your fairies, these are all super stunning. I collect fairies. I am off to add myself to follow
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! The soft yellow is gorgious and then I saw the second one, I think that's my favorite.

    You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so pretty and beautifully executed! Love them all!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete