"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18.2







Saturday, August 25, 2012

Transformers

Not the kind they make movies about. My art studio has transformed temporarily into a sewing studio. Once upon a time I had two separate rooms - one for art, and one for sewing. But when my sister & nephew moved in with me last Thanksgiving, I had to squeeze it into one room. Ouch!

You may or may not know, but I make and sell one-of-a-kind purses, and with fall bazaars looming in the near future, it's sewing time! I move all my artsy stuff to one side of my work area, set up my ironing board next to the cleared workspace, plug in the iron and I'm ready to go.




The first purse I'm making is in luscious shades of brown and teal, great colors to transition from summer into fall.


So far I have ironed interfacing and stabilizer to the various pieces. Next I'll sew this to that and that to this. Then more ironing, sewing, ironing, etc.

I'm a firm believer in ironing at every stage of the sewing together process. I find that pieces line up much more accurately, and the finished project looks much more professional.

My stash of purses that are cut and waiting for me!

For this purse I want to add some piping trim, but don't have exactly what I want, so it's off to the fabric store. Then home for some sewing!

Until next time,

Beverly

PS: I haven't forgotten I promised some UFO's. They're still coming - soon!


1 comment: