"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18.2







Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Tim-ified" Tin

Another swap with the All Things Tim Yahoo group. This time we altered an empty mint tin, Tim Holtz style.


I started by covering the outside with torn pieces of masking tape which I then inked with Black Soot and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks, followed by a couple coats of gloss gel medium. I was aiming for a leather look - not sure I quite achieved that.

Although we were not required to, I decided to do something special inside. I lined the inside top and bottom with black velvet (from a thrift store shirt). In the bottom I put lilies, a scroll diecut, and a butterfly. Hard to see, but the butterfly has Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy. I put several layers of foam tape on the underside of the butterfly so that it seems to float in the space.

Inside the lid I put a single TH Ideology Adage Ticket, also with the Rock Candy crackle, and aged with sepia color ink.

On the outside, I used gold Dresden trim around the upper and lower edges and used a gold leafing pen along the lip of the upper section.

On the top there is a flower, a TH alphabet card, a TH heart charm, and three tiny buttons. I love tiny buttons! I chose the "C" card for Cathy, who will receive this in a few days. It also is covered in the crackle paint and aged with ink.

I love how it turned out and hope Cathy loves it too!

Until next time,
Beverly

4 comments:

  1. Thank you again, Beverly. I do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Cathy is one lucky person to receive this wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful!! this was such a fun swap. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think you achieved the leather look here!!! WOW!!! So cool that you used masking tape...I love that!!! Great project here!

    ReplyDelete