I started by covering the outside with torn pieces of masking tape which I then inked with Black Soot and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks, followed by a couple coats of gloss gel medium. I was aiming for a leather look - not sure I quite achieved that.
On the outside, I used gold Dresden trim around the upper and lower edges and used a gold leafing pen along the lip of the upper section.
On the top there is a flower, a TH alphabet card, a TH heart charm, and three tiny buttons. I love tiny buttons! I chose the "C" card for Cathy, who will receive this in a few days. It also is covered in the crackle paint and aged with ink.
I love how it turned out and hope Cathy loves it too!
Until next time,