"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18.2







Monday, July 30, 2012

Don't stand still or you'll get altered too!

Altered art artists will alter most anything that will
stay still long enough. The All Things Tim - as in Tim Holtz -
Yahoo group recently hosted an Altered Mousetrap swap.
Yep, that's right - mousetraps!

We were to start with 2 plain old-fashioned wooden spring-type
mousetraps and "Tim-ify" them up.

Here are my completed mousetraps.

I stained the wood with Tim's Adirondack inks.
I also used inks to color the metal springs.  

I used pieces of a Bingo card in the background, and completed them
with Tim's tickets, some dimensional flowers, charms and buttons.

I think they turned out really cute!

And there's a bonus: the finished mousetraps make great
little noteholders, or key holders, or whatever you can fit
underneath that wire holder! With a magnet on the back
they will attach to the fridge or a filing cabinet.

Until next time,
Beverly

2 comments:

  1. So glad you participated in the swap, as you traps turned out beautifully. I love the little fly on the one trap.

    ReplyDelete